Thursday, October 2, 2008

JV Gold Updates

Hello everyone,
Just a few updates I'd like to make everyone aware of:
 
(1) With the cancellation of Tuesday's practice I had mentioned to those at the parents meeting that I may have a voluntary practice on Friday.  There is NO practice on Friday.  We'll have only the 2 full practices this week.
 
(2) GAME DAY!!!!  Don't forget our game is at 5:00 this week at Hartland.  Be at the field at 3:45 ready to go.  We will start warming up at 4:00 sharp.
 
(3) Game Film Day.  If we win this weekend we will have a team film review as we had a few weeks ago.  It will be on MONDAY, Oct 6th.  Time and place TBD.  If we do not win then we will met the following Monday, Oct 13th.
 
(4) Practice End Time.  With the shorter days I will be shortening our practice schedule starting next week.  The problem is I'm trying to coordinate with this with the other teams.  I want us to be able to scrimmage the other teams and also parents of Freshman and JV players are done near the same time.  Next week I'm ending practice at 7:15.  There may be nights that if we're scrimmaging we will stay until 7:30 ... or until we can't see the ball any more ... whichever comes first.  I will probably be cutting in back to 7:00 in future weeks but for next week it is 7:15.
 
(5) The last two games of the season will not be scheduled until after our game on October 11th.  The league will review the standings of all the teams and based on the Varsity team records the last two games will be determined (no earlier that 10/13).  All I can say is that we will be playing on Saturdays (10/18 & 10/25) and it will be at either 11:00 or 5:00.  As soon as I have the information I will send it on to everyone. 
 
I must also say that I'm very pleased with our attitude this week.  Coming off a rough weekend everyone has responded extremely well.  The kids are positive and really looking forward to this weekend. 
 
GO GOLD!!!

No comments: