Friday, October 10, 2008

JV Gold Update

Hello JV Gold,
Just my weekly updates as we go into our 7th game of the season against Brighton Black at SL East.
 
(1) Game Day:  Our game starts at 5:00 so please have the players at South Lyon East HS dressed and ready by 3:45.
 
(2) Monday Night Game Film Review: 6:00 - 7:00 @ Papa Ez.  This is not mandatory just an chance to get together.
 
(3) Parents Meeting:  I'd like to have a parents meeting this Tuesday at the beginning of practice.  I'd like to review a few things with everyone which include the items below.
 
(4) Games 8 & 9: The greater league has a meeting scheduled this Monday (10/13) when our last two games should be scheduled.  I hope this data will be available to give to everyone at our meeting on Tuesday.  If not I'll email you when I do have it and give out a handout to the players to take home.
 
(5) Panthers End of Year Football Tournament: This is new this year and is a chance for the SL Panther teams will play each other in a playoff style tournament.  This is not mandatory and the details are still being ironed out.  I'm trying to get some more detailed information which I will share everything at our Tuesday meeting.  What I do know is that the games would be on Tues, Thurs & Saturday and we would play as long as we win.  It may be one game only on Tuesday or we could also be in the championship game on Saturday.  These would be games with refs, clock, and normal rules.
 
This is not mandatory.  This is an extra opportunity that has been available.  There will be no more practices.  Only the games.  I will need to determine which players are interested to determine if we will field a team or not.  I know Varsity White may be opting out.  I will lay out all the details I know on Tuesday.
 
(6) Practice End Time:  Starting next week I'll be ending practice at 7:00.  Please note that this may float a little based on what we are doing.  Practice will be over by 7:15 at the latest.
 
(7) Homecoming SLEHS:  Please support the SLE HS homecoming parade next Friday (10/17).  We are one family and should support each other. 
 
See you Saturday.  GO GOLD!!!

No comments: